Convert executable installers to MSI packages fast and easy
Convert EXE to MSI
Welcome to exemsi.com. We specialize in converting executable setup programs to MSI packages.
System administrators often prefer MSI over a normal setup.exe. MSI packages are better suited for software distribution through Active Directory group policies.
The target audience for this website is:
- Software developers who have a setup.exe and want to offer an MSI that wraps their original setup.exe.
- System administrators with a setup.exe they want to distribute as an MSI to client computers in their organization.
Our MSI Wrapper is the tool that makes it easy to convert an executable setup program to an MSI package.
- The MSI package will report completion only when the internal setup exe installation process truly completes.
- The MSI package will return error codes returned by the internal setup exe file.
- Works on XP and above, 32bit and 64bit architectures.
Oren Keinan, VP of R&D, Kryon Systems
The getting started guide will walk you through an example where the Firefox setup executable is wrapped in an MSI package. The resulting MSI can be used to install Firefox via group policies under active directory.
Command Line Arguments
This tool supports passing parameters to the embedded setup executable when launching the MSI package. You can use the Windows Installer tool msiexec.exe to control the installation of an MSI package. The msiexec.exe tool supports a long list of parameters. These parameters can make the MSI package install in silent mode where no user input is required. They can also control if you want to install or uninstall the package. Read more